Join Scouts Canada for the Scouts Night & Sleepover at Rogers Place! The event will be held on February 24, 2018. Beavers and Cubs who wish to spend the night must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who has completed the Safe Scouting for Parents session, signed the Code of Conduct and completed the Non-member Physical Fitness Form.
- Ceremonial Puck Drop by Scouts Leaders
- Event patch for all participating youth
- Post-Game Rally and Prizes
- Post-Game Movie on the Jumbotron
- Team Autograph Session
- Sleepover on Concourse of Rogers Place
- Light breakfast will be provided in the morning
Equipment list: (keep in mind it all must be in your backpack)
- Change of clothes for the morning
- Sleeping mat
- Sleeping bag
- required medications (scouters cannot administer)
2. Clothing. It can get chilly in the arena, and the temperature will not be adjusted at night (to preserve ice quality). Dress appropriately – warm clothing, cold weather sleeping bags, etc.
3. Parking. If you haven’t already, make sure you book your parking for the event:
Parking Panda is the best and easiest way to reserve your parking for the evening. Please note that the link to park for the Oil Kings game ends 1-2 hours after the game. You’ll have to adjust the time to extend your parking through the night until we leave at 8:00 am.
4. Arrival. Please plan to meet up with our group by 5:45 pm at the Rogers Place Starbucks, which is located if you go north down the corridor, past the Grand Villa Casino at the top of the first set of stairs/escalator from the 104 Avenue entrance. We will need to hand out wristbands, apply baggage tags, and collect waiver forms, so please be on time.
Reminder – there is a firm limit of two bags per sleeper, which includes sleeping bags or cots (for example, your sleeping bag would need one baggage tag, and your gear bag would need the another). We will drop our baggage off in Molson Hockey House before the game.
6. Re-Entry Policy: After the game, there will be a window from approximately 9:45 until approximately 10:15 when you will be able to exit the building and re-enter if you need to retrieve forgotten gear from vehicles. You will need BOTH your ticket and your wristband to re-enter.
7. Sleeping Areas and Autographs: Please see the sleeping map indicating the various colour coded sections for the sleepover and the locations of the autograph tables. We are in the RED group. Please be respectful of other people’s sleeping space, and keep the following in mind:
- Maintain a 6ft wide path of travel around the concourse
- Scouts cannot setup at the top or bottom of stairways
- Scouts are not permitted to sleep in the bowl
- Scouts are not permitted to sleep in or behind the concessions, portables, and bars
- Scouts are not permitted to sleep around the stair and escalators to the North Entrance (marked with Red hash marks on the map)
- Scouts must stay clear of emergency exit doors