Start/Finish Location: Rundle Park Disc Golf Course
Date: Saturday, May 5th, 2018
Arrival time @ 9:00 am
Pick up time @ 2:00 pm
The 14 km (4 hours) route is along Pathways in the Edmonton River Valley; the Bikeree includes stops for information, a bicycle inspection, a safety presentation, and skill testing activities. A Safestart.com presentation will be given. Lunch of hot dogs and juice will be served to all riders as well as the popular additional pop stop. A crest, certificate, and grab bag will be presented to all youth and crests to uniformed leaders. Prizes vary. Anyone with resources for prizes and grab bag items would be greatly appreciated.
The new route for 2018 will be from Rundle Park and through Gold Bar, Capilano, and Dawson Parks in Edmonton River Valley along mainly paved trails. Grades vary and may involve some walking of bikes up and down hills depending on leaders fitness and cub cycling skills.
- All Bikes must be road worthy (each Cub will receive a score card and they must complete the bike and helmet inspection prior to riding)
- Mandatory bike helmet
- Mandatory bell or horn on bike
- Cub Uniform or T-Shirt and group necker (dress accordingly for the weather)
- Closed-toed footwear (i.e. running shoes)
- Small backpack with water bottle, sun screen and small snacks
Please review the attached documents for more information: