SURPRISE!! Youth Fun night has been moved to tonight!
Scouts will be meeting at New Horizons school where they will build a shooting range/battlefield. Scouts will use nerf guns and compete in a shooting competition followed by a battle. This activity has been planned by our youth and should be a lot of fun.
What to bring:
- Nerf gun with your name on it (Don’t worry if you don’t have one, there will be extra.)
- Casual dress – uniforms are not required for this evening. Feel free to wear a costume if you like.
- A large box, If you have a box you can bring it to hide behind or in 😉
- Safety glasses.
Scouts will also split into teams to begin planning a what they will try and bake on a camp stove for the December 17th meeting.
Community Night Theme – Back by popular demand is the I love first nations shoe box campaign. Scouts will be preparing shoe boxes filled with items that express friendship. The boxes will then be handed out to first nations youth here in Alberta.
What to bring:
- A shoe box – either decorated box or one you have kicking around.
- Choose an age group and sex to focus on and collect items to fill your shoe box. The following is a good Guideline to follow.
- VERY IMPORTANT! – Please take the time to write a personal friendship note to include in your box. Template
- Quality gifts that express friendship to a child or youth, such as: Finger paint, Modelling clay, Colouring book, Stickers, Ball cap, Gloves, Fun socks, Sunglasses, Jewelry, Hair accessories, Stuffed animal, Puzzle, Nerf ball, Whistle, Compass, Glow in the dark decal, Seed starter kit, Flashlight, Tambourine, Harmonica, Flute, Small hand drum, Sketch pad, Gel pens, Sharpies, Journal, Story books and a personal friendship note.
Youth Planned – Camp stove baking night. Scouts will attempt to bring their baked creation to life. Working in small teams the scouts will prepare a desert of their choosing on a camp stove. This will be the perfect opportunity for scouts to work on their stove and lantern permits.