Scouts will be meeting on Monday, October 26, 2020 at Broadmoor Lake Park, Park at the at Kinsmen Leisure Centre, 2001 Oak St, Sherwood Park, AB, (MAP) from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. *Meet at the Southend of the Parking lot*
Hello 203 Scout Troop!
Let do some Pumpkin Carving!! For this activity the Scouter and/or Scout youth will describe and demonstrate the safe use of a knife. Completion of this knife exercise is then marked as complete on the individual Scout Canadian Personal Record Sheet and the youth are awarded the knife permit along with a permit card.
Details for this Activity/Event:
- Purpose: Pumpkin Carving/ Scouting Safety Permits (Knife)
Be Prepared to Plan/Do/Review:
- PLAN (PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT)
- Read the following attachment or go to link, to review the Knife safety handout; https://scoutstracker.ca/scouts/docs/Permit-Knife-final.pdf
- Bring Back Pack (masks, hand sanitizer, gloves & toque, headlamps & thermos with warm drink!)
- Bring a Locking Buck knife or a Swiss Army type knife.
- Bring a 6ft. X 8ft. tarp to carve your pumpkin on the ground
- Bring a medium sized spoon to scoop out your pumpkin.
- Break into Patrols and have Troop/ Patrol leaders guide scouts through the knife safety practices
- Give everyone a pumpkin to carve with their knives!
- Review – Go over key points in Knife Safety and hand out Knife Permit pins (Troop)
Announcements for Upcoming Activities/Events:
- Saturday, October 31 – Halloween Movie Night
(Please Watch Your Email For Details)
- Monday, November 2 – Investiture Ceremony
- Monday, November 9 – Remembrance Day Ceremony
Yours in Scouting,