Scouts will be meeting on Monday from 6:30 – 8:00 at Kinsmen Leisure Centre, 2001 Oak St, Sherwood Park, AB (Map)
*Meet at the Southend of the Parking lot*
Hello 203 Scout Troop!
Let’s try some Geocaching! This is an outdoor recreational activity, in which participants use a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver or mobile device and other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers, called “geocaches” or “caches”, at specific locations marked by coordinates all over the world.
Purpose for this Activity/Event: Geocaching at Broadmoor Lake
Be Prepared to Plan/Do/Review:
- Plan – Download the free App ( i.e. https://www.geocaching.com/play ) on your electronic devices and set up an account BEFORE you get to Monday night’s meeting. (Everyone)
- DO – Break into Patrols and Geocache around Broadmoor Lake Park (Patrols)
- REVIEW – Fall Season Cycle activities/events (Everyone)
NOTE*: A friendly reminder to all Scouts & Scouters, a Backpack is required for all outdoor meetings. The following items that are required are as follows:
- Water Bottle or Hot Drink Thermos
- Hand Sanitizer
- Face Mask(s)
- Headlamp or Flashlight
- Warm Headgear & gloves
- Mobile Camping Chair or Tripod Stool
**Note: Please click here to view a word document that outlines the details on what you do after you’ve completed your birdhouses.**
Announcements for Upcoming Activities/Events:
- Monday, October 12 – Thanksgiving Holiday (No Meeting)
- Saturday, October 17 – Hike??
- Monday, October 19 – TBD
Yours in Scouting,