Scouts will be meeting VIRTUALLY on Monday, May 3, 2021
(from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.)
Hello 203 Scout Troop!
Good Morning! Daylight arrives again, and you think that you can finally make the journey back home. Suddenly, you look ahead on the trail and see a moose-she’s as big and strong as a horse and is refusing to move out of the way. Your planned route is now impassible due to the large animal-did you prepare for the unexpected by planning an alternate way home? Time to get creative and re-route your way back to safety on a different trail!!
Details for this Activity/Event:
- Purpose: The Great 8 – Challenge 3: Moose on the Loose
Be Prepared to Plan/Do/Review:
- Get SPICES feedback from youth on Challenge 2: Tarp Troubles
- Preview The Great 8 – Challenge 3: Moose on the Loose trailcard: (NOTE* To access the underlined blue links in this trailcard, go to the following link; https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=rm&ogbl#inbox?projector=1 )
- Watch YouTube on The Great 8 – Challenge 3: Moose on the Loose
- Discuss the following Topics:
- Essential Packing Lists https://www.mec.ca/en/explore/hiking-checklists
- Hiking Trails around Strathcona County https://www.strathcona.ca/recreation-events/parks-and-trails/trail-map/
- 7 Principles of Leave No Trace https://www.leavenotrace.ca/home
**For information on how meet virtually and to RSVP please reply to the email from Scouter Roland or sign into ScoutsTracker (link to ScoutsTracker).
Announcements for Upcoming Activities/Events:
- Monday, May 10 – The Great 8 – Challenge 4: Wayfinder Whiz
- Monday, May 17 – The Great 8 – Challenge 5: Disaster Master
- Monday, May 24– The Great 8 – Challenge 6: Plant Pursuit
Yours in Scouting,