Cubs will be meeting on Monday, September 20, 2021 at Riverside Nature Trail (see below for start point and finishing point) – from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Hello 203 Cub Pack!
Let’s go Hiking! What a Scouting way to start your day by going on a 5 km hike with your 203 Cub Pack!
Details for this Activity/Event:
- Purpose: The Great Canadian Hike
- Location: (See attached map for Visual Detail)
- ** Starting Point: 1. Riverside Nature Trail, 23270 Township Road 540, Strathcona County
- ** Finishing Point: 2. Intersection of Township Road 540 and Range Roade 232, Strathcona County
P.S*** Please see the attached Map in ScoutsTracker that outlines the details of where we are planning to hike.
Be Prepared to Plan/Do/Review:
- Plan – Google search the Riverside Nature Trail to be ready for our hike. https://rivervalley.ab.ca/trail-treks/trailtrek-how-to-riverside-nature-trail/
- DO – Break into designated Packs and Hike the trail.
- REVIEW – Have youth share their experience with their fellow pack members.
** NOTE: A friendly reminder to all Cubs & Scouters, a Backpack is required for all outdoor activities/events. The following items that are required are as follows:
- Water Bottle or Hot Drink Thermos and a healthy snack (Weather Permitting)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Face Mask(s)
- Headlamp or Flashlight
- Warm Headgear & gloves
- Emergency First Aid Kit
- Sit-Apon (if you have one)
** All participants must wear a face mask.
Yours in Scouting,
Upcoming Activities/Events: (Locations and meetings are changing rather quickly please watch your emails or check Scouts Tracker for updates)
- Monday October 4 – TBD & Around the World in 60 Days Activities
- Monday, October 11 – Thanksgiving Holiday (No Meeting)
- Saturday, October 16 – JOTI (HOWLER’s only linking event with Scouts)
- Sunday, October 17 – Fall Day Camp (Tentatively)TBD & Around the World in 60 Days Activities
- Monday, October 18 -Bike Night & Around the World in 60 Days Activities
- Monday, October 25 – Halloween Activities & Around the World in 60 Days Activities
- NOTE: parents/guardians/youth must consult the self-assessment screening checklist to determine whether they may participate in this Scouting activity.