Scouts will be meeting on Monday, September 20, 2021 at the Mennonite Heritage Farm, 52006 Range Rd. 231, Sherwood Park, AB – between 5:30 – 8:00 PM
Directions: 1) 6 Km south of Wye road on Range Road 231 OR
2) 1 Km north of Highway 14 on Range Road 231
Hello 203 Scout Troop!
Tonight we would like to invite all Scouts, and one of their parent’s, to share in the harvesting our Scouts garden that we planted back in early June out at the Mennonite Heritage Farm. This has been a very rewarding and worthy community service project and aligns with Scouts Canada’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s). Some of our Scouters, Scouts and Cubs have been tending this garden and box plots over the summer, and I want to say a great big THANK YOU for all those who made these projects become a reality. I see great things ahead for our youth and families to be part of such a fantastic community project!
Details of activity/event:
Activity/ Event: Garden Harvesting
Be Prepared to:
- Bring a medium sized card board box or a 5 gallon bucket to store you vegetables
- Bring a good cutting knife for picking out a Walking Stick
- Break into Patrols and harvest the Scouts garden
- Choose a Walking Stick for the Tree patch and debark with a knife.
- How can the Troop expand this garden community project? Where could we go next?
- How does this tie into the Scout Canada’s Sustainable Development Goals?
** NOTE: A friendly reminder to all Scouts & Scouters, a Backpack is required for all outdoor activities/events. Items required are as follows:
- Scout Uniform or Activity Shirt with NECKERS
- Water Bottle or Hot Drink Thermos
- Hand Sanitizer
- Face Mask(s)
- Headlamp or Flashlight
- Warm Headgear & gloves
** All participants must wear a face mask.
Yours in Scouting,
Announcements for Upcoming Activities/Events:
- Saturday, October 2 – Frisbee Golf (Rundle Park)
- Monday, October 4 – Scoutcraft
- Monday, October 11 – Thanksgiving Holiday (No meeting)
NOTE: parents/guardians/youth must consult the self-assessment screening checklist to determine whether they may participate in this Scouting activity.