Scouts will be meeting on Monday, November 1, 2021 at Strathcona County Community Centre, 401 Festival Ln, Sherwood Park, AB T8A 3W7 (MAP) – Room L3, Basement, – between 6:30 – 8:00 PM
Hello 203 Scout’s Troop,
Our red poppy is a symbol of both Remembrance and hope for a peaceful future. Poppies are worn as a show of support for the Armed Forces community. The poppy is a well-known and well-established symbol, one that carries a wealth of history and meaning with it.
Details for this Activity/Event:
- Purpose: Red Poppy Craft
Be Prepared to Plan/Do/Review:
- Bring your electronic devices to watch how to make the Red Poppy Paracord craft
- Go to the following link https://www.scouts.org.uk/activities/paracord-poppies/
* NOTE: All supplies will be provided in a COVID friendly process:
- Red paracord (about 75cm)
- Sticky tape
- Green paracord (about 40cm)
- Black paracord (about 50cm)
- Make the Red Poppy Craft
- Discuss the Scout Troop’s role at the upcoming Remembrance Day Ceremony
- Max to play O Canada at the November 8 Remembrance Day Ceremony
- TJ to read the poem titled, “In Flanders Field”
- What thoughts or memories do you have when making this craft and thinking about Remembrance day?
- Do you have anything special you’d like to share with the 203 Scout Group at the upcoming ceremony?
** All participants must wear a face mask.
NOTE: parents/guardians/youth must consult the self-assessment screening checklist to determine whether they may participate in this Scouting activity.
It Starts with Scouts,
Announcements for Upcoming Activities/Events:
- Monday, Nov 8 – Remembrance Day Ceremony (203 All Section Linking Event)
- Monday, Nov 15 – Mental Health Guest Speaker (In-person)
- Saturday, Nov 20 – Scout Troop Hiking Adventure (Trail Skills Stages 3 & 4)
- Monday, Nov 22 – Beauvais Provincial Park Parent/Youth Meeting (Virtual)