Scouts will be meeting on Monday, October 25, 2021 at Broadmoor Lake Park, 201 Oak St, Sherwood Park, AB — (at the Broadmoor Lake Picnic Shelter; see attached MAP) – between 6:30 – 8:00 PM
Hello 203 Scout’s Troop,
The Investiture ceremony is extremely important for our Troop as we believe it signifies the reliance and confidence that the Scout Troop places in the newly invested Scouts. Wearing the 203 crest badge and Scouts necker/ woogle signifies a youth’s accountability to the Troop, as they recite The Scout Promise to do their best and to carry out the spirit of the Scout Law.
Details for this Activity/Event:
- Purpose: Investiture & Pumpkin Carving
Be Prepared to Plan/Do/Review:
- Investiture- Rehearse the Scouts Promise, Law and Motto for upcoming Investiture (See Attached Handout)
- Pack some pumpkin carving tools!
** NOTE: Scouts & Scouters, a Backpack is required for all outdoor activities/events.
- Scout Uniform or Activity Shirt with NECKERS
- Water Bottle or Hot Drink Thermos
- Hand Sanitizer & Face Mask(s)
- Warm Headgear & gloves
- Headlamp or Flashlight
- Knife & Rope
- Matches & Flint/ Steel
- Partake in the 203 Scout Troop Investiture Ceremony
- Have all Scouts Sign the Code of Conduct
- Let’s do some Pumpkin Carving!
- What do you like or might change with the Investiture Ceremony?
- What does it mean to you to sign the Code of Conduct?
- Is the pumpkin carving activity a keeper or do you want to try other activities in the future?
** All participants must wear a face mask.
Yours in Scouting,
Announcements for Upcoming Activities/Events:
- Monday, Nov 1 – Remembrance Day Craft
- Monday, Nov 8 – Remembrance Day Ceremony (203 All Section Linking Event)
- Monday, Nov 15 – Youth Mental Health Guest Speaker (In-person)
- Saturday, Nov 20 – Scout Troop Hiking Adventure (Elk Island National Park)
NOTE: parents/guardians/youth must consult the self-assessment screening checklist to determine whether they may participate in this Scouting activity.