Scouts will be meeting on Monday, November 15, 2021 at Room L3, Basement, Strathcona County Community Centre, 201 Oak St, Sherwood Park, AB (MAP) – between 6:30 – 8:00 PM
Hello 203 Scout’s Troop,
A strong foundation in childhood can lead to a healthy, happy and productive life. Good mental health contributes to strong relationships and better health at home and school. It can also help to prevent
the onset of other mental health issues like anxiety and depression.
Details for this Activity/Event:
- Purpose: Youth Mental Health
Be Prepared to Plan/Do/Review:
(** NOTE: The 3 bullets in the PLAN are highly recommended to complete before Monday’s discussion **)
- ** With Parent’s permission, have youth preview this website: sossafetymagazine.com
- ** Have youth read this article: https://sossafetymagazine.com/health-and-well-being/5-people-you-should-never-take-mental-health-advice-from/
- ** Write down one question they have about mental health that they would like our wellness advisor to answer.
- Have Max introduce the wellness advisor, Laurel Kirchner, to the Scout Troop
- Let’s talk about Youth Mental Health!
- What did you find as important in this mental health discussion?
It Starts with Scouts,
** All participants must wear a face mask.
NOTE: parents/guardians/youth must consult the self-assessment screening checklist to determine whether they may participate in this Scouting activity.
Announcements for Upcoming Activities/Events:
- Saturday, Nov 20 – Scout Troop Hiking Adventure (Trail Skills – Stage 3 & 4)
- Monday, Nov 22 – Beauvais Provincial Park Parent/Youth Meeting (Virtual)
- Monday, Nov 29 – Plan Winter Season Cycle/ Chief Scouts Award Presentation & Craft
- Monday, Dec 6 – Road Hockey or Christmas Craft?