Scouts will be meeting on Monday, November 8, 2021 at the parking lot east of Salisbury Composite High, 20 Festival Way, Sherwood Park, AB (see attached map) ** between 6:30 – 7:30 PM **
Hello 203 Scout’s Troop,
Remembrance Day is a memorial day observed in Commonwealth member states since the end of the First World War to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty. The Lapel Poppy can be worn every day of the Poppy Campaign and is removed at the end of the Remembrance Day ceremony. Many people place their poppy on a wreath or at the base of the cenotaph or memorial as a sign of respect at the end of the ceremony.
Details for this Activity/Event:
- Purpose: Remembrance Day Ceremony
Be Prepared to Plan/Do/Review:
- ** All youth are asked to wear their formal uniforms and neckers and remember to dress in layers that’s appropriate for the weather
- ** Bring the Red Poppy craft you made last week, that will be be placed on the wreath or at the base of the Cenotaph. ** If you did not finish your poppy please go to the following link: https://www.scouts.org.uk/activities/paracord-poppies/
- Participate in the All Sections 203 Sherwood Park Group Remembrance Day Ceremony.
It Starts with Scouts,
** All participants must wear a face mask.
NOTE: parents/guardians/youth must consult the self-assessment screening checklist to determine whether they may participate in this Scouting activity.
Announcements for upcoming Activities/Events:
- Monday, November 15 – Youth Mental Health (In-person)
- Saturday, November 20 – Scout Troop Hiking Adventure ( Trail Skills – Stages 3 & 4)
- Monday, November 22 – Beauvais Camp Trip with Troop/Parents (Virtual Meeting)
- Monday, November 29 – Plan Winter Season Cycle/ Chief Scout Award Presentation & Craft